Our firm’s attorneys have represented lenders, businesses,
and individuals in all aspects of commercial and residential
land purchases and sales, leases, land use matters and real
estate development. We have counseled clients regarding the
negotiation and preparation of purchase and sale contracts,
lease documents, construction contracts, agreements between
landowners and reciprocal access and management agreements.
The firm's attorneys have also counseled real estate lenders
and borrowers regarding a variety of issues relating to the
financing of real estate purchases and long term leases, including
construction and permanent loan financing arrangements. We
have advised clients regarding the benefits and risks associated
with the use of various forms of security associated with
real estate financing transactions, and have assisted clients
with the negotiation, documentation and closing of unsecured
loans and loans secured by various forms of real and personal
property. We have also counseled clients about available remedies
following financial defaults including the negotiation and
documentation of loan restructure agreements, receivership
appointments, judicial and non-judicial foreclosures and deed-in-lieu
of foreclosure transactions.
Why Use William F. Scofield, Esq.?
- By working with us, your company
will gain the benefit of our firm’s expertise in the
- settlement practices for residential
properties including co-op’s, new construction
and government loans (VA, FHA and SONYMA),
- sale/purchase contract preparation
- document preparation for transactions
- New York Assignments (MECA’s)
- Powers of Attorney
- UCC 1’s and UCC 3’s
- Aztec Agreements
- Title Order and Review
These are just a few of the services
we can provide.
- We have closed and assisted in
the Assignment of hundreds of real estate loans.
- We always do our best to provide you
with choices for your closing at a location that is convenient.
You have a choice of closing at our office, other places
of business or any other location that is convenient for
all parties involved without any additional fee.
- Our goal is to make the closing process
as pleasant and easy as possible for all parties involved.
We have the staff and closing locations to meet all of your
needs when it comes to closing times. We will always go
the extra mile when it comes to Customer Service. You can
always count on us to get the deal closed.
- We thoroughly review the information
and figures for each closing to make sure that they always
match the 1003, GFE and Broker Fee Agreement. All HUDs,
CEM agreements, and checks are prepared using our custom
programs which assures the highest level of accuracy.
- William F. Scofield, Esq. has sufficient
staff to handle even last minute scheduling. We’re
not in the habit of turning you away.
- We use state of the art computer technology
(servers, desktop workstations, digital copiers/scanners/printers)
as well as the most efficient programs to meet the needs
of our clients, borrowers and lenders. We have full e-mail
support. Our website provides users the ability to order
services from us, view status of services ordered and check
out our calendar of scheduled closings. The result is precise
and efficient customer service.
- An auto e-mail to anyone who provides
their e-mail address can be sent when any of the following
events occur: title is ordered, title is received, title
is reviewed, title is cleared, the file is cleared by the
lender, a closing date is scheduled, net proceeds information
becomes available and when the deal is successfully closed.
- With HUDs and all other documents prepared
in advance, your borrowers will be very pleased with how
little time they have to take out of their busy day to close
- Customer satisfaction is our primary
concern. We feel it’s important to try our very best
to make sure that everyone walks away from the closing with
the highest level of satisfaction.
New York Assignments (CEMs)
- We will contact the Borrowers and their
- We will order the Assignment
- We will order from the County Clerk
any missing recorded documents
- We will review Lost Note Affidavits
- We will have the borrowers resign, when
available, notes that were lost by the assigning bank
- We will coordinate a time and place
with the Assigning Bank and/or their counsel to exchange
funds for a complete set of original documents
- We will insure payoff by next day mailing
- We will obtain the original file from
the document custodian
- We will draft the UCC 3s
- We will hand deliver the UCC 3s and original
document file to the closing in exchange for certified funds
- We will forward the payoff funds to you
the same day
- We will travel to the closing location